Ledbury is a Herefordshire market town, lying east of Hereford, and west of the Malvern Hills. In accordance with the 2011 Census, the town has a permanent population of 9290. Ledbury enjoys an income from tourism, being steeped in history in an enticing rural location. It has a considerable variety of timber-framed structures, in particular along Church Lane and High Street. One of the most standout is the Market House, constructed in 1617, set in the town centre. Other significant structures include the parish church of St. Michael and All Angels, the Painted Room, consisting of sixteenth-century frescoes, the Old Grammar School, the Barrett-Browning memorial clock tower, developed by Brightwen Binyon and opened in 1896 to house the library until 2015, close by Eastnor Castle, and the St. Katherine's Hospital site. Started around 1231, this is a rare surviving example of a hospital complex, with hall, chapel, a Master's House, which was fully renovated and opened in March 2015 to house the Library, almshouses and a timber-framed barn. The town is the venue for a variety of events including the Poetry Festival. The Market Theatre, thought to be the first on the planet to open in the new millennium, is located near the town centre. They show movies on a frequent basis and play host to small and mid-scale professional touring shows, featuring some performances in the Poetry Festival. The yearly Community Day takes place in June each year. The first such occasion was an Ox Roast on 2 June 2013 to commemorate the diamond jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II's coronation, exactly 60 years after an ox roast that was hosted in 1953 in Ledbury on Coronation Day. For all your home developments, make sure to find respected professionals in Ledbury to make certain of quality.