Getting back home after a long and stressful day, you’d probably want to relax on your couch watching your favourite TV channels. However, frustration sets in when your TV decides to stop working without any previous warning – giving you that annoying “no signal” message on your TV screen. So, what should have been your relaxation moment has managed to add even more fuel to the fire by increasing your level of stress.
There are a number of factors which can result in the malfunctioning of a TV aerial. As a result, if you realize your TV is not functioning as it should then it’s very likely going to be an aerial problem and not the TV broken down. Good news is, some of these issues that are messing with your TV set can be solved without having to put a call through to the experts. So, what can trigger a TV aerial problem and how can you have it resolved?
When you get a “no signal” message displayed on your screen rather than your favourite TV show, then it’s possible to tackle this issue without any professional help. In order to achieve this, you can consider the following:
- Ensure that the cable of the aerial is well connected. It’ll be impossible for your TV to receive any signal from the aerial if the aerial’s cable has fallen out of place. So, whenever there’s no picture on the TV, firstly check for any loose cable at the back of the TV. If found, put it back in and make sure it fits right.
- Ensure that the input or source is set up correctly. It’s possible that the TV’s input is set on the wrong option. When this happens, simply identify the button that can switch the input on the TV’s remote control and press on it. A source list will appear, find the one with either “TV” or ”DTV”. And if your TV displays both, simply go for “DTV” option.
Why should I get my TV Aerial repaired
Nobody likes a malfunctioning TV aerial! Relaxing on your couch and enjoying your favourite show after a long and tiring day is always a pleasant feeling until your TV aerial goes bad right in the middle of it without any previous warning. There are a number of factors that can result in a malfunctioning TV aerial. As a result, most times when your TV set isn’t functioning properly, it’s probably due to a TV aerial issue and not a broken TV. So, if you’re wondering why you should get your TV aerial repaired, then you’ve come to the right place! In this post, we’re going to consider some of the reasons why a TV aerial repair might just be your best bet. Let’s take a look!
- Sometimes, the TV aerial problem may be a minor challenge needing a just a simple fix. When your TV starts malfunctioning, displaying that frustrating “no signal” message, the problem might come from a loose TV aerial cable which simply needs to be re-fixed. Deciding to replace your entire TV aerial instead of repairing it in such cases would not be the wisest of decisions.
- TV aerial repair saves your money. When compared to the cost of replacing a TV aerial, simply calling in an experienced technician to repair it is a much more economical option.
- A malfunctioning TV aerial can’t be ignored. When your TV aerial is the problem, your TV screen won’t be able to provide a good quality picture or even display any picture at all. If you truly want to enjoy your favourite TV shows, then this is an issue that must tackled by calling in a professional.
Things to consider before getting TV Aerial Repair
A TV aerial repair is not a task that can be completed by yourself all the time. Repairing of a TV aerial can be a tricky challenge and you definitely wouldn’t want to end up creating more problems than what already exists. However, this doesn’t mean that there aren’t some minor TV aerial issues you can’t tackle on your own. In fact, some issues may be as a result of a loose aerial cable which simply needs to be re-fixed, while others issues may require the expertise of a professional engineer. In this post, we’re going to take a look at some of the things that you’ll have to put into consideration before getting your TV aerial repaired. Let’s take a look!
- Repair or replacement. Repairing a TV aerial that simply needs to be replaced will only provide a temporary solution as you’re likely to experience recurring problems which will end up costing you more money on the long run when compared to simply upgrading with a new TV aerial. Hence, it’s crucial to determine whether what you need is really a repair or simply an upgrade.
- Minor or major issue. It’s not every time you experience a slight issue that you need to call in a professional. There are some TV aerial issues that are simple fixes such as re-fixing a loose cable and much more. Therefore, you should determine whether the malfunctioning TV aerial is something you can repair by yourself or you’ll need to call in an engineer.
- The expertise of the professional repairer. When it comes to the repair of a TV aerial, the experience of the person making the fix is vital to your success. Not only does the technician have to be knowledgeable, but also needs to have the right experience to successfully pull off the repair.
How much is tv aerial repair?
A poor television signal can be a frustrating experience. If you’ve partially or completely lost your reception the best solution would be to hire a cost-effective TV aerial repair service. You don’t have to think too far or worry too much when you’re getting blocky pictures, hanging or even when some of your channels are no longer accessible as all these are issues that can be resolved. If you’re experiencing any of these issues, you’d probably also want to know exactly how much it’ll cost to have your TV aerial repaired. In this post, we’re going to give you an insight into TV aerial repair costing to help you make an informed decision moving forward.
If you happen to install Freeview, it’s likely that your TV aerial has shifted off the proper direction and needs to be re-fixed by tightening or properly replacing the brackets which secures it to the wall. However, if you own Sky or Freesat, it’s possible that the dish has moved a bit and this can also be repaired by a skilled engineer with proper test equipment. Other common faults that are known to affect TV aerial include waterlogged or perished cabling or damaged outlet sockets.
The cost of repairing TV aerial is based on a wide range of factors which makes it almost impossible to give an accurate estimate. These factors include the type, make and model of the aerial, your location, the experience of the engineer hired, the nature of problem, accessibility of the TV aerial and more. However in general, TV aerial repair would normally fall within the range of £84 up to £167.
How to a find a good TV aerial repair company?
When it comes to selecting the company for your TV aerial repair, there are a lot of things you’ll need to consider to ensure that the right technician is chosen. So, what benchmark should you use to identify the most suitable company? Well, the answer is quite simple. The number of years of experience as well as the technical know how of the company should be prioritized. There are a plethora of firms out there offering such services, but it can quite hard to separate the boys from the men.
Conduct an online search. There is a plethora of options online search for a TV aerial repair person. To go about this, you can simply carry out a Google search to help you get started. However, you should take note that not all you see online are actual facts, some dubious companies will put up fake reviews and testimonials from supposed clients to deceive unsuspecting individuals into parting with their money. Alternatively use the Quotatis directory and find reputable TV repairers with genuine reviews from customers. Start your search now.