How To Install Bifold Doors
If you’re looking to install a bifold door in your home or property, then you’re at the right place! In reality some jobs are better left to the professionals and one of such jobs is bifold door installation especially if you lack proper training and experience that’ll guarantee the best result the first time. If otherwise, hiring a professional installer will do you lots of good like saving you time and extra money that could result from costly errors. In this step by step guide, we’ll take you through the bifold doors installation process.
The first step to take when it comes to bifold door installation is to take the measurement of the door opening and get a kit in the appropriate size. For a better accuracy, do note that the combined measurement of both doors should be about an inch less than the opening’s total width while also being two inches less than the door frame’s height.
• Install the top rails in such a way that the rail’s end makes contact with the door frame’s side using the screws.
• Fit the bottom rail in the same fashion as the top ensuring the rail’s end makes contact with the same side of the door frame.
• Insert dowels into the predrilled holes in the door panels’ top.
• Place the dowel with the adjustment screw near the bottom’s side wall. While placing the fixed dowels in the door panel’s top and bottom on the side farthest away from the hinge. Once done, put the dowel and spring assembly into the door panel’s top, closest to the side wall.
• Fit the door panels into rail’s top and bottom while also adjusting the screws to centre the doors.
• Ensure the doors open and close like they should. If positive, tighten all hardware and fit the pulls or knobs of the door.