Bedfont is a district inside the London Borough of Hounslow in West London. It's 21 km west-southwest of Charing Cross and two miles from Heathrow Airport. It contains the area that is informally referred to as North Feltham plus the neighbourhood of Hatton.
Bedfont is identified within the Domesday Book as ‘Bedefunde’, which is believed to originate from the Anglo-Saxon word ‘Bedfunta’, which means ‘bed’s spring’. It states that the manors of Bedfont, Hatton and Stanmore were all held by William Fitz Other. Before Heathrow’s Terminal Five was constructed, just a couple of miles north of Bedfont, archaeologists found Bronze Age, Iron Age and Roman artefacts, suggesting that individuals were residing in and around Bedfont over these times.
The citizenry of Bedfont stood at 12,701 in the 2011 census. The number of inhabitants began to rise when Heathrow Airport was opened in 1946. This caused growing demand for local housing, specifically as the village of Heathrow was lost as well as a part of the Hamlet of Hatton.
Bedfont has two surviving manor houses: Pates Manor, once owned by the Page family, and Fawns Manor. Pates Manor is behind the Church of St Mary the Virgin and dates from the late 15th century. Fawns Manor is around the south side of the Green and dates from the sixteenth century, now belonging to the British Airways Housing Association.