To ensure your boiler is functioning efficiently and to keep your home warm, it’s important to see that your boiler is serviced on a regular basis by a licensed boiler engineer. Failure to do this can result in sudden boiler breakdown which can be a hard hitting blow to one’s financial power especially when there’s no boiler cover to cushion the blow or totally avoid it all together.
When your boiler is covered, it implies that you’re protected in the event whereby your boiler or it’s controls malfunctions or break. Several boiler cover will include the servicing cost, while some may not so it’s advisable to always go through the details, no matter how small, before entering into a boiler cover agreement. Typically, a boiler cover will cost between £60 to £100 per year and the payment is made on a monthly basis. Various boiler insurance companies have varying cover cost, however, here are the common boiler cover policies:
• Homeserve charges from £13 per month
• EDF Energy costs from £13.29 per month
• British Gas from £12 per month
• Scottish Power from £13.13 every month
• CETRI UK charges from £13.50 every month
• 24/7 home rescue costs from £9.60 every month
• Gorgi Home Plan costs from £6 per month plus 3 months free
• Your repair charges from £9.60 per month
• NPower Boiler Cover costs from £10.92 every month
• SSE Boiler Breakdown Cover charges from £4.95 every month
It’s important to note that sometimes you have the option of adding your boiler cover to your existing home insurance, if you do not want a standalone policy for your boiler cover. In many scenarios, this is referred to as an extra or add on service referred to as “Home Emergency Cover. When compared to the standalone boiler policies, this is usually a lot cheaper as it comes in around £5 per month.