When it comes to boiler insurance in the UK, two companies easily comes to mind - British Gas Homecare and Homeserve. Just like any other choice you’d have to make, choosing the company that’s best for you might be a bit difficult especially if you don’t want to make the wrong choice. This article will give you a good insight into the pros and cons of the two companies’ boiler cover to help you make the best choice for your home.
British Gas Homecare Cover
• Reduced cost of services as a result of the annual payment option.
• An array of affordable packages including both few and several services
• Although vulnerable customers are prioritized, the company offers a 24/7 services.
• Unlimited claims
• Depending on what you wish to get, be it only a monthly boiler cover or more services, you’ll get several services’ options.
• With a 50% bad rating on a reliable customer review site, you know there is a question mark on the company’s customer service.
• Increment in renewal price after first year of service.
• Lacks cover for the boiler’s sludge or scale.
• For most individuals, the 5 packages offered are affordable.
• 24 hour help hotline
• From reliable customer rating websites, the company offers a great service.
• Cover costs include both parts and labour.
• There are good options for one-off repairs.
• The options are cheaper than British Gas services.
• There are multiple choices for excess payments for various packages.
• An option for annual boiler repair.
• Lack of annual payment option
• The price of the packages will increase after the first year
• The services are mostly for houses or flats, while businesses and other types of property are being neglected.