Commercial Gas Boiler
A commercial gas boiler is simply a system which is used for the sole purpose of heating and providing hot water to a non-residential building. These type of boilers are powered by gas in order to generate steam or hot water. The hot water or steam produced is then distributed around the business building through a system of pipes and is subsequently used as needed in order to deliver a conducive and comfortable work environment for staffs and customers alike.
When a gas boiler becomes commercial is mainly due to its size which is usually measured in kilowatts (kW). As you would have expected, several domestic boilers usually possess a smaller output or size than their commercial counterparts. In a lot of cases, domestic boilers usually range in size from about 24kW to about 42kW, but at times they can also be up to 72kW. Generally, boilers larger than this are classified as commercial boilers. These appliances are specially designed for more sizeable premises be it an office, warehouse, leisure centre, health centre, college or any other type of non residential building. Overall, gas boilers ar typically within the range of 250kW to about 1,500kW. This wide range of output sizes helps to make sure that businesses are able to find appliances which suits their unique heating and hot water needs.
However, it must also be said that the sizing cut-offs between domestic and commercial gas boilers aren’t as straightforward as it appears. It’s very possible to come across some commercial gas boilers with outputs that goes below 70kW. Therefore, it’s always advisable to carry out a proper research to get the most suitable commercial gas boiler for your business premises.
How can a local Commercial Gas Boiler installer help me?
An individual who maintains, repairs and installs commercial appliances, heaters, central heating boilers in schools, restaurants, hotels and other business premises is called a commercial gas engineer and installer. Commercial gas engineers are well trained and experienced when it comes to the art of installing, repairing and maintaining more substantial gas appliances and heating systems. If you’re still yet to be convinced about how a local gas engineer and installer can be of help, then here are some of the top points showcasing their importance. Let’s take a closer look!
- It really is simple, working with gas can be extremely dangerous. When installed improperly, not only is your life at risk, but also that of all those who makes use of your commercial property. Badly installed and poorly serviced appliances can lead to gas leakages, explosions, fires as well as carbon monoxide poisoning. As a result, making use of an unqualified gas engineer and installer will not only put lives at risk but can also cost you a great deal to tackle it and have it rectified. With a local and qualified gas engineer, you’ll have a peace of mind knowing the project is in the best possible hands.
- They’re insured. One huge benefit of hiring a qualified gas engineer and installer is the fact that they’re installed. As a result, in the very rare cases where something goes wrong leading to a huge damage, you won’t be left to face the high financial implication by yourself as it’ll be covered by the insurance company. This way, you can be rest assured that your commercial property is well protected when a gas engineer or installer steps in.
Why should I get a new Commercial Gas Boiler
Whether you have an office, shop, factory or any kind of commercial properties, the importance of keeping it warm and conducive for both staff and customers cannot be overemphasized. Failure to do this will result in a plethora of negative consequences which can range from frozen pipes to high energy bills. Therefore, you just might want to replace that old commercial gas boiler before you start regretting. In this article, we’re going to look at some of the advantages that comes with getting a new commercial boiler. Let’s get started!
- Reduced heating bills. This is one of the most significant benefits of getting a new commercial gas boiler. Since a new boiler operates at maximum efficiency, it makes use of less fuel to warm up your commercial premises when compared to the old one. As a result, you get to save money on heating bills and even though the initial outlay may seem expensive, it’s an investment that often pays off.
- Increased property value. The value of your real estate assets can be increased by investing in a new commercial gas boiler. In terms of sale, you property will be valued higher with a new commercial heating system than the old one. However, if you’re not thinking about sales yet, then you can enjoy the several other benefits of a new heating system while knowing the value of your property has increased.
- Smaller and quieter. Newer models are often smaller and quieter than the older ones. This is a huge advantage as they consume only a little space which ultimately frees up more space in your commercial premises for more storage or shop floor space. In addition, they do not produce as much noise as the older models which makes your work environment a lot more pleasant.
Things to consider before getting a new Commercial Gas Boiler
By replacing an old commercial gas boiler with a new, more efficient unit, property owners and facility managers will often discover considerable energy savings as well as increased comfort in the commercial building or facility. A more efficient newly installed commercial unit will not only consume less fuel (gas), but it’ll also deliver more comfort for both staff and customers while the business premises owner can benefit from years of hassle free operations. With that said, it should also be noted that before installing a new commercial gas boiler, there are a couple of factors that needs to be considered before you decide to proceed. In this article, we’re going to take a look at these things so as to help you make informed decisions moving forward.
- Is it a new installation or a retrofit? In the event whereby the project is a retrofit, you may want to ask your gas engineer and installer whether or not it’ll be more logical to change the commercial heating system from steam to water. In heating-limited installations, steam may not be as efficient as hot water boilers due to hot water boiler’s lower combustion temperatures which often leads to reduced energy consumption. Also for retrofit applications, you may also want to request how hard it’ll be to access the mechanical room and more.
- Is the initial cost of installation and lifespan of the boiler more important than the overall efficiency or operating cost? Typically, the standard efficiency boilers usually provides reduced installation costs, longer product lifecycle while also requiring lower maintenance when compared to condensing boilers. The high efficiency boilers, on the other hand, tend to be more costly but possesses more sophisticated controls and can also deliver higher return on investment under the right operating conditions.
Will a new Commercial Gas Boiler save me money?
Commercial gas boilers bring about a wide range of benefits. Not only will it provide more comfort for both your staff and customers, but it’ll also add to the value of your property. If you’re planning to get a new commercial gas boiler for your business premises, one of the first things that comes to mind is whether or not the newly installed unit will save you money.
The short and simple answer to this question is yes, a new commercial gas boiler can definitely save you money in a number of ways. In this article, we’re going to take a look at how a new commercial gas boiler can be a very economical option. Now let’s get started!
- Greater efficiency. Overtime, commercial gas boilers or any other commercial boilers for that matter, will drop in its efficiency level. They won’t be able to provide the level of comfort as they used to when purchased. As a result of this, the energy consumption of your building will be increased and even more so, for a very large business premises. For this reason, a new commercial gas boiler is required that will be more efficient and hence, reduce your facility’s heating bills.
- Little to no repairs. New commercial gas boilers require little maintenance efforts and hardly develop faults unlike the old units. With a new commercial gas boiler, you’ll have no worries about maintenance or repair costs which is generally more frequent with old units.
- Boost employee morale and productivity. At times, all that’s need to improve the productivity of your employees is to make the work environment as conducive as possible. A new commercial gas boiler will make your business premises more convenient by heating it up and generating less noise unlike the old units. This way, you can avoid trying other costlier ways to boost employees’ productivity which may not even yield the desired results.