Composite front doors offer a wide range of benefits which includes numerous style and colour options, increased security, personalization options, durability as well as low maintenance requirements. However, with so many options available in the market, it’s also expected that the prices would vary greatly depending on many factors. These factors include the colour, style of the composite door, glazing option, door furniture as well as security locks.
• Colour - More popular and basic colours like white, blue and brown black are manufactured in mass, making them a bit lesser than the unusual colours as they usually go through an expensive colour mixing process.
• Style Of The Door - The most common and popular door styles are manufactured in large quantities and consequently, the cheaper option than the more complex styles. A good example is the six panel door that features two frosted glass inlays will definitely cost more than the four panel plain white composite door.
• Glazing Option - The glass type, design and panel size all play a huge role in determining the price. The more complex your glazing option is, the more money you’ll have to pay.
• Door Furniture - Several composite doors come with bespoke handles, letterplates and knockers to achieve your desired finish. The furniture additions on door can also play a huge role in influencing the overall cost of your composite door.
• Security Locks - Multi point locks typically comes as a standard. However, you might need to determine the type required by your as the quality and type can vary considerably.
Generally, to have a basic style composite door installed, you’ll have spend about £850 and above. And depending on the design requirements and glazing features you select, this price can increase significantly.