Gainsborough is a town in the West Lindsey region in the English county of Lincolnshire. In accordance with the 2011 census, it has a population of 18508. It can be discovered 18 miles north west from the city and county town of Lincoln, and the River Trent passes through the town. The civil parish spreads southwards over rural land to Lea and passes along the edge of Lea Wood. The town is set on the meeting point of the A631, the A156 and A159. Aspiring to connect the A15 at Caenby Corner, Gainsborough's dual carriageway, called 'Thorndike Way', is named after Dame Sybil Thorndike, an actress born in the town in 1855. Gainsborough was an established and significant port with trade to Hull, and was the most inland port in England, being situated 55 miles from the North Sea. The town also has a well-established history of industry. In particular, the town was the manufacturing base of Marshall, Sons and Co., which worked as an important boiler manufacturer developed by William Marshall in 1848. The business was positioned at Britannia Ironworks, a site of 16 acres and the largest in Europe when it was initially built. Their goods were shipped on a worldwide scale in advance of its closure in the 1980s. The site has actually now been divided between an assortment of companies, delivering inhabitants a vast array of local and nationwide shops. Multiple landmarks have been formally acknowledged throughout the years. Whitton's Mill flats won the Royal Town Planning Institute award for the East Midlands, and Marshall's Yard received an award for regeneration. For all of your home upgrades, make sure to make use of credible specialists in Gainsborough to make certain of quality.