Are you planning on investing in a new driveway for your home? If yes, then you’d probably want to know how much you’re going to incur to complete the project. In this guide, we’ll give you an idea of the cost of constructing a new driveway.
When it comes to driveway construction a larger part ( up to 80%) of the cost is made of the parts that are completely invisible to you - the sub base as well as the ground preparation, while the remaining cost of about 20 percent is required for the paving and other materials. As a result, there are multiple factors affecting the price of a driveway project. These includes the materials preferred, the level of work that’s required for the ground preparation as well as the complexity of the laying pattern or design. With this in mind, you’d have to schedule an appointment with two or more professional to obtain and compare their quotes.
Although there are many other options, but block paving happens to be a popular choice due to its cost effectiveness, visual appeal as well as being a hard wearing drive. The common choice for block paving I the Drivesett Tegula and the price usually starts from range between £30 to £35 per m2 and above. However if you’re looking for the conventional block paving with a modern twist, then the Marshalls coppice is a suitable option. The cost of the option usually starts from £25 to £30 per m2 and above. You can also opt for block paving in circle designs which gives you a better option to make an impression. Once you’re able to figure out the size of the paving area, you can roughly estimate what the cost of your driveway will be.