Pathhead is a location of Kirkcaldy, in Fife, Scotland. Pathhead was an independent town before it was integrated right into the Royal burgh of Kirkcaldy. In Jan Blaeu's map of Scotland from the 17th century referral is made to the town of Peth-heed, present day Pathhead. With the Firth of Forth to the south, Kirkcaldy to the 'west', Dysart to the east, as well as Gallatown, Sinclairtown and Dunnikier to the north. The town houses the historical Ravenscraig Castle appointed by James II in 1460; most of the former facilities of the Nairn's Linoleum Factories; and, the Manse in which both O. Douglas and also John Buchan matured. It looks out over the overlooked Pathhead Sands, as well as industry today is centred on Hutchison's Flour Mill and also the Forbo-Nairn Plant. The historic centre of Pathhead is a triad of roads running parallel with the coastline: Nether Street, Mid Street and what used to be Back Street, now Commercial Street. Water was provided from wells at either end of Mid Street and vivid business was centred on the Pathhead as well as Sinclairtown Reform Co-operative Society of contemporary Branning Court, which was developed in 1914.