Llanbrynmair is a village, community and selecting ward in Montgomeryshire, Powys, on the A470 road between Caersws as well as Machynlleth. Llanbrynmair, in location, is the 2nd largest in Powys. In 2011, it had a population of 920. The area consists of numerous districts: Talerddig, Dolfach, Tafolwern, Pandy, Cringoed as well as Pennant. The original centre is at Llan, when traveling to Llanidloes, where the local parish church of St Mary lies. The current centre (previously called "Wynnstay") at the junction of the A470 and also B4518 rose to neighborhood prestige with the structure of the new turnpike road in 1821 and the arrival of the railway line between Newtown and Machynlleth in 1861. Geographically, the community includes the valleys of 3 rivers-- Afon Twymyn, Afon Iaen and also Afon Rhiw Saeson-- as well as the surrounding uplands. The three rivers sign up with around the primary town as well as circulation westwards as the Afon Twymyn in the direction of the Afon Dyfi and also Cardigan Bay. The Cambrian train line, integrated in the 1860s, runs through Llanbrynmair and also temporarily offered an electrical outlet for the mines at Dylife, 8 miles south. The village station closed in 1965 as part of the "Beeching closures". There was a degree going across alongside the terminal but, adhering to the unintentional fatality of an American site visitor in October 1999 as well as its summary as a "blackspot", the crossing was shut as well as the road drawn away. The area is primarily Welsh-speaking and reliant upon livestock farming. It was privileged to run away the foot as well as mouth disease break out in Britain in 2001.