While some may see graffiti as a form of vandalism, others recognize and appreciate it as a form of art with varying styles and types that can be seen almost everywhere in the streets today. Being a very dynamic form of art, it’s not uncommon for artists to add or paint over the artwork of other artists and as a result, give birth to an entirely different work of art. If you’re paying a close attention to the graffiti you come across every day, you’d realize that there are very different styles of graffiti. In this post, we’re going to give you an insight into some types of graffiti that happens to be very common amongst the lot. Let’s take a look!
- Tag or tagging. This is the easiest and most recognized form of graffiti which is usually done using spray paint cans having a single colour and writes the artist’s name or identifying a symbol.
- Throw ups. This is similar to tagging but it possesses a bigger size which is more sophisticated and may incorporate a number of paints and colours. Most often than not, they’re created with bubble style writing making use of spray paint cans.
- Blockbuster. This is a lot more sophisticated than throw up as it’s much bigger and usually covers an entire space like a wall. Remarkably, they’re created in a relatively short period of time just like a tag and throw up.
- Wildstyle. These are also text-based; however, it incorporates large font styles which can make them hard to read. You’ll discover complicated and interlocked letters, spiked arrows as well as other creative elements to create the sophisticated work of art.
How long does it take to remove graffiti?
It can be extremely frustrating suddenly finding graffiti all over your wall or fence especially when you’re well aware it’s your responsibility to have it removed. And talking about graffiti removal, this is not the most pleasant of tasks and one which most home and property owners would prefer to avoid. It’s either you hire the expert services of a graffiti removal professional or take on the removal process yourself. If you wish to pull this off by yourself, then you’d probably want to know just how long it’ll take to complete the process. In this post, we’re going to give you an insight into this to help you make an informed decision and start planning. Let’s take a look!
As you would have imagined, graffiti removal is in no way an easy task and as a result, can be very time consuming especially when you’re not highly skilled or experienced in the field. Therefore, there’s no simple and straightforward answer to this question as there are a number of factors that can impact the length of time it’ll take to complete the entire graffiti removal process. Firstly, there are a number of techniques that can be used to remove graffiti, so while some are fast others aren’t so fast. Secondly, the area covered by the graffiti – the larger the area the more the time it’ll take to have it removed. The expertise of your hired professional can also go a long way to determine just how much it’ll take to complete the task. Overall, graffiti removal should be completed within 15mins to 30mins, but this can be a lot more depending on the factors highlighted above and more.
Things to consider before arranging for Graffiti removal
Your building or any other one isn’t completely immune from being tagged without due consent by a random graffiti artist. Be it a residential or commercial property, unwanted graffiti comes with a lot of drawbacks and as a result, you shouldn’t waste any time before having it removed. However, this does not mean you should be too hasty to have it removed either by yourself or hiring a professional. Before you make a decision, there are a couple of things you may want to consider to help you make the best-informed decision possible. Let’s take a look!
- Hire a professional or do it yourself? When graffiti appears on your property, it can be removed but you’d have to determine whether you’d be doing this yourself or hire a professional. If it’s a relatively small one and you have some time on your plate, you can tackle this on your own. However, bigger and more complex ones are best left to the professionals who can do a perfect job while also guaranteeing the safety of your property.
- The company’s experience, knowledge and skills. When it comes to graffiti removal, the experience and skills of a professional is paramount to ensure the task is done perfectly. They should also have the right tools and cleaning solutions. Without the right equipment and cleaning products, the removal job can easily turn out to be a mess - leaving the property even worse than you met it.
- Does it speak value or just a pure act of vandalism? Surprisingly, there are some graffiti that are actually pleasant to the eye. If you feel it suits your property quite well, then you might want to consider leaving it intact.
- Is the company insured? If anything happens to go wrong, you can be rest assured that you’re fully covered if your selected graffiti removal company is insured.
How much does Graffiti removal cost?
If you want to remove the graffiti on your property, then you’d probably want to know the cost to get this done. However, if you think this is a straightforward question in which a simple answer can be provided, then you must be mistaken. The fact is, graffiti removal prices vary from company to company which makes it a lot more difficult for home or property owners to know just how much they’ll be charged for such service. You know this is a great problem in the country when you realize the estimated cost of cleaning up graffiti in the country exceeds a whooping £1 billion every year. If you need to clean up your home or business property, then you must take note that a lot of factors will come into play to affect the total cost for such service.
So, what are the factors that influence graffiti removal cost? Well, this is simple and logical. The main reason why graffiti removal prices can vary largely is because every job is unique and there are also a number of techniques that can be incorporated to get the job done as well. If you’ve obtained a price list for graffiti removal, then you’re likely to observe that the costliest estimate is for tasks which has to do with monuments, heritage statutes as well as listed buildings. This is due to the fact that old stonework needs to be treated with great care and the more reason why you can’t overlook hiring a specialist. The more experienced companies will make use of low-pressure systems while also steering clear of abrasives. The best companies will take their time to assess your unique situation, identify the best approach to take and provide you with a reasonable quote.