Ibstock is a town and civil parish about 2.5 miles (4 km) south of Coalville in North West Leicestershire, England. The population of the civil parish was 5,760 at the 2001 census raising to 6,201 at the 2011 census. The village is on the A447 road Between Coalville and also Hinckley. The toponym Ibstock could be a by-product of Ibestoche indicating the farmstead or district of Ibba, which is an Old English personal name additionally found in other toponyms. The 1801 Census offers a complete population of 763, in 152 family members, two-thirds took part in agriculture, the remainder in trade as well as production. By 1811 the population had actually enhanced to 836. Ibstock is a former coal mining neighborhood and likewise has historic and also existing manufacturing plants that create tiles, bricks, boots and footwear, and light design. In the 19th century a branch of the Ashby and Nuneaton Joint Train was built via the location and Heather & Ibstock train terminal was opened to offer the town. Passenger solutions ended in 1931, with the line with to Coalville East closing totally in 1964, before the magazine of the Reshaping of British Railways record. The station master's residence on Station Road endures.