Watton is a market town in the district of Breckland within the English county of Norfolk. The A1075 Dereham-Thetford road and the B1108 Brandon-Norwich Road fulfill at a crossroads right here, where the community developed, concerning 20 miles (32 kilometres) west of Norwich. The civil parish covers an area of 7.2 km2 (2.8 sq mi) with about 6,800 inhabitants in 3,000 houses, boosting to a population of 7,202 in 3,226 at the 2011 Census. The Domesday Book recorded that Watton (or Wadetuna) included a church, manor house as well as Anglo-Saxon settlement. A station at Watton, on the Thetford & Watton Train, opened in October 1869 as well as enclosed June 1964. The line itself was closed in April 1965. In 1984 Watton was twinned with the Lower Rhine (Niederrhein) community of Weeze, Germany, with the succeeding twinning charter being officially checked in 1987.