The Hive thermostat stand is relatively easy to install, however if you lack the necessary training or experience, this is a task you might want to leave to a professional to guarantee the best result while also saving you money and time. This guide will give you a good insight into the Hive thermostat installation process.
The installation of a Hive thermostat does require it to be connected to your home boiler. For this reason we always recommend you get a professional to install it. However once install the Hive Smart Thermostat is very easy to operate and move the controller around your home. To get started, you can follow these steps:
• Press the lever at the lower side of the thermostat and pull away from the front to detach the back plate of your device.
• Once done, simply hang the thermostat on the stand back plate and ensure it holds firmly in place
When it comes to Hive thermostat installation, you might also want to consider the positioning of the device in such a way to heat your home even more efficiently as its designed to be very sensitive to temperature. To identify the best spot for your Hive thermostat, let’s take a look at some of the dos and don’ts.
A Few Dos:
• Do maintain the position of your Hive Thermostat to keep a stable connection with the receive and Hive Hub.
• Do ensure that the position chosen is the centre of your home or a frequently used room.
• Do place the thermostat about 1 to 1.5 metres from floor.
• Do ensure that your thermostat is in a close proximity with the hub and receiver for a better functionality.
A Few Don’ts:
• Don’t place your Hive thermostat stand close to radiators, direct sunlight or other heat sources,
• Don’t position your device near or at places that can expoerience a sudden change in temperature such as the front or back door.
• Don’t leave your thermostat too close to curtains or ornaments.