Bedfont is a district in the London Borough of Hounslow in West London. It's 13 miles west-southwest of Charing Cross and 2 miles from Heathrow Airport. It contains the area which is informally known as North Feltham and also the neighbourhood of Hatton.
Bedfont is referenced in the Domesday Book as ‘Bedefunde’, which is thought to derive from the Anglo-Saxon word ‘Bedfunta’, which means ‘bed’s spring’. It states that the manors of Bedfont, Hatton and Stanmore had been all held by William Fitz Other. Just before Heathrow’s Terminal Five was built, just a couple of miles north of Bedfont, archaeologists found Bronze Age, Iron Age and Roman artefacts, suggesting that individuals were residing in and around Bedfont during these eras.
The population of Bedfont stood at 12,701 at the 2011 census. The number of inhabitants began to increase when Heathrow Airport was opened in 1946. This brought on increasing demand for nearby housing, particularly as the village of Heathrow was lost as well as some of the Hamlet of Hatton.
Bedfont has two surviving manor houses: Pates Manor, once owned by the Page family, and Fawns Manor. Pates Manor is behind the Church of St Mary the Virgin and dates back to the late fifteenth century. Fawns Manor is around the south side of the Green and dates back to the sixteenth century, now belonging to the British Airways Housing Association.