Ludlow is a market town in the English county of Shropshire. It is found around 28 miles (45 kilometres) south of Shrewsbury and 23 miles (37 km) north of Hereford using the main A49 road, which bypasses the town. In accordance with the 2011 Census, the town has a permanent population of around 10266 people. This makes Ludlow the largest town in south Shropshire. The town is important in the history of the Welsh Marches and neighbouring Wales. The town is near the convergence of the rivers Corve and Teme. The earliest part is the middle ages walled town, built in the late 11th century after the Norman conquest of England. It is centred on a little hill which is on the eastern edge of a bend of the River Teme. On top of this hill is Ludlow Castle and the parish church, St Laurence's, the largest in the county. From there, the streets slope downward to the River Teme, and northward toward the River Corve. The town rests in a sheltered location beneath Mortimer Forest and the Clee Hills, which are clearly noticeable from the town. Ludlow is home to close to 500 listed buildings. They include some fine examples of medieval and Tudor-style half-timbered structures consisting of the Feathers Hotel. The town was labelled by Sir John Betjeman as 'probably the loveliest town in England'. By the late 20th century, the town had seen a growth in tourism, resulting in the look of various antique dealerships, alongside art dealers and independent bookshops. Bodenhams, a clothing shop, has actually been trading from a 600-year-old timbered property ever since 1860 and it is among the oldest stores in Britain. For all of your home developments, make sure to find trustworthy specialists in Ludlow to make certain of quality.