Lydbrook is a civil church in the Forest of Dean, a city government district in the English county of Gloucestershire. It is on the north west edge of the Forest of Dean's present legal limit correct. It comprises the areas of Lower Lydbrook, Upper Lydbrook, Joys Green as well as Worrall Hill. It has a mile and a half lengthy major street, reputed to be the lengthiest primary road of any kind of village in England. Lydbrook falls in 'Lydbrook and also Ruardean' selecting ward. This ward begins in the south east at Lydbrook as well as stretches to the north eastern at Ruardean. The total parish population taken at the 2011 census was 4,819. Today neighborhood of Lydbrook appears to have had its beginnings in the 13th century. In a document of a sale of trees in 1256, mention is made from 'the Mill of Lydbrook'. Further early notes on Lydbrook occur in a survey of the Forest of Dean in 1282. The Lyd (a brook, which moves into the River Wye) formed, for part of its travels, the boundary between the Bailiwicks of Bikenore (English Bicknor) as well as Rywardin (Ruardean). Today several maps call the Lyd, Hough Brook, or Great Hough Brook, and also Exactly how Brook which joins the Lyd is known on modern-day maps as Little Hough Brook. Listed in the 1282 entrances of those who possessed cultivated land, William of Ludebrok (Lydbrook), shows up under the parish of Bikenore, and also under the parish of Rywardin. As opposed to being two separate tracts in differing areas, it was probably that William's land will certainly have consisted of the creek, hence his incorporation in the records for both churches. In addition, under the entrance for Bikenore is recorded, Robert of Stoufeld (Stowfield). Thus the advancement of Lydbrook began at Lower Lydbrook. The village takes its name from the creek running its entire length - the 'loud brook' or lud creek to come to be Lyd Brook. The village created as a site for the regional iron as well as coal sectors with your homes as an infringement into the Forest mapping the Lyd brook which supplied the water required for sector and also domestic usage. The development of the encroachment, proceeded into the Bailiwick of Magna Dean (Mitcheldean), the location which became known as Upper Lydbrook as well as Joys Green. The town just became a place of population of any kind of size 17th century onwards, but expanded steadily since to remain fixed for practically a century as well as a fifty percent at a population of about 2,500 in between the 1850s and also the beginning of the 1990s. Nevertheless, from the get go of the 1990s the area has started to gradually depopulate. One phone call to fame of the current past, which currently is luckily no more true, is that Humphrey Phelps, in his book on the Forest of Dean recalls that in the 1950s Lydbrook had the greatest incidence of consumption in England.