How To Replace A Flat Roof
Is it high time you replaced your flat roof with a new one? If it’s time, then you probably shouldn’t waste another minute! Flat roofs come with multiple upsides and happens to be a lot more affordable than many other options (especially for starters). Not only do they add to your home’s curb appeal and requires a relatively low labour costs as there are minimal risks involved, but they’re also more accessible for maintenance purposes and aren’t as exposed to damage as a pitched roof. However, we’re not here to discuss the various benefits of installing a flat roof, but rather tell you how to install one. If you lack proper training and experience, we’d recommend you hire a trustworthy professional that can guarantee the best results.
• Wipe the entire roof system clean.
• Detach and replace rotted roof sheathings.
• Detach and replace rotted fascia
• Hire a qualified air conditioning professional to disconnect the existing AC units.
• Introduce new aluminium air conditioning stands and secure against the deck.
• Let you qualified air conditioning professional reconnect the existing AC units.
• Put in place the new air conditioning quick disconnects.
• Attach EPS fanfold insulation in such a way to cover the surface of the entire roof and secure it firmly in place.
• Attach the tie-in roof materials where necessary.
• Attach roofing membrane to cover the entire area of the roofing.
• Attach membrane to the entire roof’s perimeter.
• Attach new perimeter flashings (fascia bar, fascia cap and drip edge), secured on the centre at 6”. Make use of a good sealant to secure the fascia bar or fascia cap’s top flange.
• Attach boots on plumbing seal and stacks.
• Identify the existing vent stacks and seal, and put curbs
• Put safety walk pad network from the access point of the roof to the air conditioning units.
• Attach rooftop signs for roof traffic personnel
• Tidy up and clear out the debris