Satellite Dish Installation
If you’ve finally decided to have a satellite dish installed in your home, one of the first couple of questions you may have prior to making any financial commitment is the size you’d require for your property. This is a major source of concern for several home and property owners who intends to make a purchase decision and we’re here to resolve it once and for all.
First and foremost, it’s important to note that the satellite dish size that you’ll need is largely based on a number of factors. However, the most crucial factor happens to be your location in the world. Since we’re based in the UK, this post will be based from a UK resident’s point of view. In other words, for individuals residing in the UK, the choice that are open to you when it comes to the size of satellite dishes will be greatly influenced by your location in the country, be it North or South. Here, the rule of thumb is, the further away you are from the equator, the larger the satellite dish size you’re going to need. For instance, if you happen to reside in the south of Manchester and possess a standard Sky or other satellite installation or other installations then you can incorporate a mini dish of about 40cm in diameter. However, if you stay in the north of Manchester, then you’re likely going to require a satellite dish size of about 60cm. This is even more likely if you happen to reside in the north of Scotland.
Finally, in order to get the perfect reception, there are other factors that also come into play other than just the size of the satellite dish. There are some dishes that features extra functions targeted at helping you achieve the desired result.
What are Motorised Satellite TV Systems
With the increasing popularity of motorized satellite dishes since 2005, it’s very likely you’ve heard a thing or two about the equipment as well as the various benefits that comes with incorporating it for your satellite TV system. According to installers, they’re now claiming to fit more and more motorized dishes every year which is quite understandable given the plethora of benefits they offer. In the past, satellite TV is usually seen as grainy with terrible content, however in recent times you can simply incorporate a motorized satellite dish to gain access to about ten thousand digital channels which goes a long way to heighten the viewing pleasure for just a little installation cost. In this post, we’re going to give you an insight into the motorized satellite dish TV systems world. Let’s take a look!
Unlike the conventional and standard satellite dishes which are immobile and face in just one direction so as to access a single set of channels from a particular satellite or group of satellites, a motorized satellite dish is totally different. Using a sat finder, a motorized dish is controlled to help identify the location of the channels and enables you to put your satellite in that direction. When done viewing the channel, you can go on to identify another channel and switch the satellite direction to face it. The freedom that comes with the movement is very important for gaining access to a plethora of channels that are not available in any standard satellite TV packages and that’s what the motorized satellite dish is for.
Some individuals may simply prefer to pay to get channels rather than incorporating a motorized satellite dish. However, this implies that you’re paying for a service which gives you limited access to a fixed set of channels that you’ve paid for with a standard dish that faces only one direction. It will not enable you to get channels that you can find using a motorized satellite dish.
How long does it take to install a satellite dish?
With the advancement in technology in recent years, more and more individuals are looking to install Free-To-Air (FTA) satellite television programs because of its good cost performance as well as better capabilities when compared to the common cable and satellite corporations paid service. If you’re also looking to have a satellite dish installed in your home, then you’d probably want to know exactly how to go about it and how long it takes to completion. Let’s take a look!
To install your satellite dish, simply follow the given steps below:
- Select a position which is able to receive a direct line of sight in direction of the satellite. This is usually higher positions like rooftops, balconies and the likes.
- Fit the antenna at the selected position. This must be attached tightly at the fitting base to ensure the satellite has a strong wind resistance which otherwise can pose a great threat to individuals and property below it.
- Direct the antenna angle to point at 95 degrees southwest and incline it a bit. Once done, secure the screws to control the angle adjustment.
- Attach the satellite detector using a coaxial cable of 1.8m length. Once done, turn on the satellite detector and follow the instructions.
- Rotate the dish and use the beeping to ensure the horizontal position is right.
- Fasten the rotation control screw totally to fix the existing angle.
- In similar way to adjusting the horizontal angle, do the same with the vertical angle. Once done, the receiver dish will be located at the best position to get the satellite signals.
- Attach an end of the long exterior coaxial cable to the satellite dish.
- Neatly fix the roof edge or balcony cable. Make sure the cable doesn’t hang freely.
- Make a hole through the wall to pass the cable from outdoor to indoor.
- Attach the cable to the indoor receiver.
Overall, the installation process should not take more than 4 hours to completion.
How Much Does A Satellite Dish Installation Cost?
So you’ve finally decided to have a satellite dish installed. This is a great upgrade on the traditional cable services as it provides a number of benefits. With a plethora of channels to select from as well as packages to satisfy varying interests, a sports or movie enthusiast will be excited by the options offered by a satellite provider. If you want to have a satellite dish installed in your home, then you’d probably want to know the cost to complete such a project. In this post, we’re going to give you an insight into the satellite dish installation pricing world. Let’s take a look!
A precise answer to this question does not exist as the installation cost of a satellite dish is influenced by a number of factors. These factors include the following:
- The number of screens in your home. As you would have expected, installing a dish to serve just one television will reasonably cost much less than installation for a home with several screens.
- The conditions on your roof. For roofs that are steep or high, you should expect to incur greater costs. Also, if moving around the roof requires a special equipment such as harnessing, you can also expect that to increase your installation cost.
- Location. If you live in a place with a higher demand and high standard to living like London, you’d automatically expect to pay a higher price than individuals living in other areas like Southampton.
In general, the average installation cost of a satellite dish will vary based on the factors stated above and more. However, at the low end, you can expect to about £89 but this can run up to £211 at the opposing end. The average cost of such installation will be at about £152.