The town of Helensburgh is in Argyll and Bute in Scotland. It rests on the north shore of the Firth of Clyde and the eastern coast of the entry to the Gareloch. Even though historically in the Dumbarton District, it was re-allocated under the regional government reorganisation that happened in 1996. Until 1975, it was an area in former Dunbartonshire. Referring to the 2001 Census, the town has a permanent population of around 14626. Helensburgh was formed in 1776 largely as a result of the construction of health spa baths on the site of Ardencaple Castle, which dated back to about 1600, by Sir James Colquhoun of Luss. Not long after its progression, a seaside resort town was built on the east of the spa in the style of Edinburgh New Town, which was named after his spouse Helen. A ferry service operated throughout the Firth of Clyde to Greenock, which efficiently and effectively attracted citizens who could commute from jobs there. In time, the town came to be a preferred place of residence for shipping magnates and tobacco merchants from Glasgow. The success of the town is illustrated by the fact that at one point in the 18th century, the town was home to one quarter of Britain's millionaires. In the present day, the town is mostly a commuter town for Glasgow. It also serves as a main shopping centre for surrounding areas, and travelers continue to be attracted to the seaside resort. The seafront contains an indoor pool, an esplanade walk, and a variety of shops, cafés and bars. For all of your house upgrades, make certain to make use of respected professionals in Helensburgh to make certain of quality.