Master Locksmiths Association (MLA)www.locksmiths.co.uk
About Master Locksmiths AssociationThe Master Locksmiths Assocation (MLA) is a trade association that holds a licensing scheme for locksmiths. There is no government regulation of the locksmithing industry, so the MLA asserts that it is important that customers look for an independently vetted, inspected and competent locksmith.
The MLA campaigned to change the law on the vetting of locksmiths in 2009, where they were added to the exceptions order for the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act enabling them to perform standard level CRB (now DBS) checks on its members. This means that consumers can be assured that MLA members are responsible and safe locksmiths, especially as they are also subject to further vetting by MLA and regular inspections.
The MLA also requires every MLA approved company to employ a locksmith with exam-based proof of competence, so customers can feel safe in the knowledge that they are using a locksmith of the highest quality.
The benefits of using an MLA licensed locksmith include:
• Standards are kept high by the employment of qualified locksmiths, strict vetting and regular inspections
• Training is provided by MLA to ensure members are up to date with the latest industry developments
• The MLA is the leading trade association for the locksmithing industry
• It promotes standards of conduct, practice and materials within locksmithing
• It provides peace of mind to customers through its licensing scheme
Members of the MLA are also able to provide advice based on knowledge and experience and recommend products that are fit for purpose. They can also use the MLA Approved Company logo which helps customers to identify good quality locksmiths and can be assured that they are competent and professional.