How To Tile A Bathroom Wall With Large Tiles
It is crucial to make the walls of your bathroom waterproof, and a great way to do this is by installing tiles on them. And to make it more effective, less time consuming and a lot easier, you can make use of the large tiles in your shower. So how do you have them installed? With this brief guide, you’ll learn everything you need to know about the bathroom wall large tiles installation. Let’s have a look!
lGet The Appropriate Substrate
• Clean the surface on which the large tiles will be placed
• Make use of levelling spacers to ensure the large wall tiles are even.
• Get a cement-made backer board to install the tiles
• You made require a large format wall adhesive for the installation, if the large wall tiles are different
lSet The Layout
• You may need a dry layout for the tiles installation (installation without mortar or other bonding agents).
• Start with the first wall opposite the bathroom’s entrance
• Once completed, you can continue with the remaining parts of the bathroom wall.
• Place the first tile at the centre.
• Place the subsequent tiles on each side of the previous ones to have a more balanced installation.
There are three varying materials that can be utilized in installing heavy wall tiles. These includes thin set mortar, epoxy and mastic. However, you should always make use of epoxy for large format tile layout. To do this, simply place the tiles at your desired angle and gently twist them to hold firmly in place. Continue with this process till you have successfully covered the entire bathroom wall with the large tiles. Once done, leave the bathroom wall to dry.
It is advised that you hire the professional services of a tile installation company in order to get the best outcome especially if you lack the necessary experience, tools and knowledge to carry out the project. This will save you some time, effort and money.