How To Remove Tile From Wall
Have you stumbled on some stylish new tiles you wish to install in your home, be it bathroom, kitchen or living room? Or perhaps you just feel your old tiles have outstayed their welcome and need a to install a more modern and appealing wall tile. The first step before installation of the new tiles will be to remove the old ones which can be done by following these simple steps below:
• To remove wall tiles, you’d have to chip them away and that implies shards of porcelain, ceramic or glass flying around. Hence, your safety should be a top priority.
• Use safety goggles and protective gloves to protect both your eyes and hands.
• With several sharp objects flying everywhere, all objects in the room are far from safe.
• Use a cardboard or old sheet to protect the room and valuable objects from damage.
lAssemble The Tools
• For wall tiles removal, you need just two tools - a hammer and a chisel that’s a bit thin.
• In the event whereby a chisel is not available, you can make use of a flat headed and large screwdriver.
lGet To Work
• Feel for a loose tile to start with and if successful, chip it out with a chisel.
• If you can’t find a loose tile, then break one by sticking the centre of a tile with a chisel and hit it hard with a hammer.
lRemove All Tiles
• Once you’ve been able to chip away or break the first tile, you can easily get access to other tiles.
• Try to get as much dried adhesive off the wall as you can by gently tapping it with the chisel and hammer so as not to damage the wall.
• Once done, put away the cardboard and dust sheet which should have collected much debris.
• Use a brush and dust pan to clean out the loose pieces (if any).
Wall tiles removal can be a very dangerous process which should be left to a professional especially if you lack a proper training or experience. This is not only to prevent anybody being hurt, but also to avoid any possible damages to the wall or any valuable object which can result in additional cost on repair or replacement.